2017 was by far one of the most challenging years I've ever encountered; mentally, relationally and financially. It was a rollercoaster to say the least but I've grown in so many areas and have overcome some of my biggest fears; dodged some bullets and even took a few hits.
All in all, here are 10 things that I learned in 2017: (in no particular order)
- Life doesn't always go as planned, or the way that you think that it should.
- When a season is over, let it go and don't look back because the new season will require a different version of you.
- It's EXTREMELY important to be led by The Holy Spirit concerning your finances.
- You can't just fix someones problems no matter how much you care or how much it hurts to see them suffer. Sometimes all you can do it be supportive.
- Distance means everything and nothing.
- Time is the currency of the earth and not everyone or everything is worth your time.
- If you're serious, you'll find a way. If you're not, you'll find an excuse.
- If it scares you, try it.
- Protect your peace at all costs.
- The greatest exchange is trading your worries for worship.
Collectively, I can say that 2017 was the sum total of James 1:2-4 and I'm excited to take what I learned and make 2018 my best year yet. Happy New Year!
"Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way."